EFA aspires to further empower its members towards effective, representative and independent allergy and chronic respiratory disease patient groups by creating opportunities to build members capacity.
EFA’s activities and projects aim to support our network of patient associations in order to have a strong presence, structure and voice at national levelso that their efforts can be voiced and translated into European policy.
For that purpose, we annually organise several trainings and workshops aiming to increase understanding of EU institutions as well increase the number of patients and countries represented in the EU decision making process
EFA “Meet and Greet the EU Institutions” training
EFA organises ”Meet and Greet the EU Institutions” training which aims to train members on the functioning of the European Union, as well as to provide them with opportunities to meet key policy makers and representatives from their countries operating at EU level.
The reports of the previous editions of the ”Meet and Greet the EU Institutions” training are available below:
- “Meet and Greet the EU Institutions” Training Evaluation Report– October2015
- “Meet and Greet the EU Institutions” Training Evaluation Report– November 2014
- “Meet and Greet the EU Institutions” Training Evaluation Report- November 2013
- “Meet and Greet the EU Institutions” Training Evaluation Report– May 2012
- EFA Meet and Greet EU Institutions Advanced Training for Members Programme – December, 2009
- EFA Meet and Greet EU Institutions Training for Members Programme – December 2007
EFA training on the EMA
Since 2010, EFA has been member of Patients’ and Consumers’ Working Party (PCWP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Through the years EFA has been continuously involved in the activities of the agency (conferences, workshops, trainings) providing the perspective of asthma, allergy and COPD patients. To increase awareness about EMA’s role and to strengthen the network of patient’s advocates to EMA. In February 2014, we organised our first training for patient experts on allergy, asthma and COPD on how to get involved with EMA.
Please find in the following link: EMA training report.
EFA Capacity Building Project
EFA Capacity Building Project started in 2014 and was built according to the results of an internal Membership Survey. Participating members are chosen yearly regarding their interest and needs evaluation.
Our main capacity building activities to date have been the workshops that we have held in Italy, Lithuania and Portuga.
- Capacity building workshop in Italy, October 2014
- Capacity building workshop in Lithuania, October 2014
- Capacity building workshop in Portugal, November 2014